Food Resilience Framing Questions
- How will crop yield and production of other food products be affected by changes in climate?
- What types of food and locations will be most vulnerable to changes in climate?
- How will changes in climate affect the types of food that can be grown in a location?
- Under what conditions (i.e., for what types of food and in what locations) will indirect effects of climate change (e.g., pests, pathogens, invasive species, and fire) overwhelm direct effects of increasing temperature and/or changes in precipitation, surface water, or groundwater?
- What parts of the food supply chain will be most vulnerable to climate change?
- How will processing, storage, and transportation need to be modified to continue to supply safe food products under a changing climate?
FOOD SAFETY AND NUTRITION
- How will climate change impact foodborne illness that includes chemical as well as microbial sources?
- How will climate change affect the nutrient content of staple foods?
- How will the cost of a balanced diet be impacted under a changing climate?
- What countries are most vulnerable to climate change that affects food yield, quality, and availability?
- What segment of the population will be most vulnerable to changes in food prices?